Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happiness is...







Our old oak tree is almost bare again, it’s fun to watch the leaves falling and blowing in the gusts of wind, sometimes a little branch will scratch the roof of our house, with an almost eerie sound. There is such a fresh crispness to the air, the leaves on the trees have almost all turned colors and the nights indeed are getting colder on our little mountain.
I am glad to have a nice pile of firewood to heat our Yurt house through the winter. There is nothing quite as cozy as wood heat… But winter can wait for right now I am enjoying the fall season - I just love autumn! Without a doubt it is my favorite time of year!
Everything’s cozier…warm fires, glimmering candlelight, pumpkin pies, hot herb tea (I used to despise tea, but over the years I have learned to like it) walking on crunchy leaves, hot chocolate on a cold morning, evenings spent cuddled up with my girls reading stories, star gazing, more blankets piled on the bed…just to mention a few of the reasons why it is my favorite time of year.
This month we got 500 pounds of apples! (Now I just need to make them into apple sauce, apple butter, dried apples, apple juice and a few apple crisps and some apple kuchen's!!!)
The girls got invited by their best friend Sarah to go on a field trip to a local Farm Stand. They had so much fun! They went on a hayride, played in the corn maze, and they got to pick out their very own pumpkin to take home! The only rule was they had to be able to carry it all by themselves! You should have seen Teagan lugging hers! The girls want to make them into pumpkin pies. I however still enjoy seeing them sitting on our dismal porch! They look so cHeErY.
♥ May all your hearts and homes be warm and cozy ♥

3 comments:

  1. You just made my Day! I was sitting here fussin' over my blog because my neat font I had on all the titles is now gone:( for some odd reason ~ anyway I can't seem to fix it and was about ready to cry when I saw a new post from you, of all people on my dashboard ♥ made me smile from head to toe and feel all happy inside! Can't wait to read more posts from this CoZy place... Love Ya, Kelsey

    PS. Your photos aren't loading for some reason:( I so hate all the glitches GRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. super duper CUTE ♥ Love the girls pics and the wordy thing ~ was fun to see ya today for a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that it made your day! I have really been enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete