Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grandma Nana






Well, I finally got my Grandma to let me take a few pictures of her, so Mom this is for you since you are in Africa!!! It was not easy to convince her! I know how much you’d love to see her and through your arms around her and hug her. Hmm… What can I say about Grandma? Well…she is a chatter box, that is one thing for sure! The other day Grandma was talking so fast she could hardly catch her breath (seriously, you could her gasp when she inhaled!) and she was complaining about how her mouth was sooooooo dry, and she just couldn't figure out why! My aunt and I looked at eachother and started to chuckle! Then my aunt Heidi gently put her hand on Grandmas shoulder and kindly told her that she had to stop talking long enough for her mouth to get moistened back up! After that all three of us had a hearty laugh! She loves her family, prays often, says that’s just - f a b u l o u s - sometimes she flubs up and says oh golly! She used to play the piano, but now her hands are all crippled up, she still sings though! One song that reminds me of her is “Jesus is all the world to me” and another is “Take the world but give me Jesus” she loves music, she loves to research things of interest, make lists, organize and scheme. Lately she is getting more and more dependant, and less and less able to care for herself. Such a sad thing to watch someone you love so dearly grow old. I love you Grandma Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment