Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Faith's jewelry box/mini dresser





My latest Jewelry box/dresser was made especially for my cousins daughter Faith, for her upcoming birthday in March, I picked out a paper line by American Girl because I thought the little girl with the blond hair looked just like her! However after I got done making it I wasn’t so sure…and I wanted it to be just right. So I asked her mom to pick out the one she thought Faith would like best from my lime pickles etsy shop. She did and out of all mine currently listed she chose the very one I had made especially for her daughter! I thought that was pretty neat. It will be really fun to give it to her! She is such a sweet and beautiful girl and I want her to know and be reminded often that I care about her and love her.

These are super easy to make if you want to do it yourself, just get a cute Jewelry box or mini dresser at a craft store, second hand or antique shop. Pick out some super cute scrapbook paper, cut paper to fit just right with a razor knife, glue paper on, sand edges after dry, distress ink after sanding, and viola! You will have your very own useful piece of ART!!!


AKA made by you Mondays

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love this idea!!! Yours turned out so cute!!! Here’s another party if you would like to link up… http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/03/project-party-weekend-5-ways-to-re.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Rachel! I checked out your blog...it is awesome! Will certainly be linking up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete