Friday, February 25, 2011

Hot Cocoa and my Niece






We just enjoyed a lovely little vacation at Eagle Crest Resort in the Redmond, Bend Oregon area. We were invited by my brother Brett and his family! What fun it was to see them again! My sis in law Tenae is expecting again (due in August) and of course (other than her feeling a little yucky) is just as sweet and beautiful as ever! Valyncie my adorable niece had changed so much since when we last saw her a few months ago, she is totally getting all grown up! We haven’t been apart even one whole day and I miss her already! I love her hugs, (she gives the best little kid hugs ever!) her kisses, her smiles, her voice is so precious, especially when singing songs to her mommy, and when she is saying “I love you” – she is such a doll! I made her hot cocoa, and she liked it as far as I could tell (she seems to be a picky eater) anyways I loved it! I think it is by far the best Vegan chocolate milk I have ever had! Here is the recipe: "Brazil Nut Chocolate Milk"1 cup Brazil nuts (soaked) Blend till smooth with 4 cups water and then strain out pulp in a milk bag or cloth, pour strained milk back in to blender. Then add: 1/3 cup sweetener (My first batch I used Agave and my second organic cane sugar) Both were yummy! 3 TBS cocoa powder (Wondercocoa is the best) 1 TBS soy Lecithin (non GMO) And a pinch of salt (pink Himalayan salt is tasty) Blend all till smooth, heat or chill and enjoy! You will be surprised at how absolutely delicious it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment